Blackford Townships — Blackford County Licking Township Trustee - Utility assistance ( electric, gas, & water), rent assistance, indigent burials, life sustaining medications (diabetic, heart, etc. no mind altering or pain medication, food, propane). Low income families. Eligibility determined by number of people in the home. Monday, Tuesday, & Thursday 9:00 - 11:30 am By Appointment only.  Contact Chris Holtzleiter at 765-348-0920 or

Content / Our Counties / Blackford - Community & Family Services, Inc. ( Women, Infants, & Children (WIC) program. USDA nutrition program that provides individual nutrition counseling, referrals, supplemental foods, and breastfeeding education and support. Pregnant women, breastfeeding women, post partum women, infants, and children up to the age of 5 years. Thursdays and odd Wednesdays from 9:00am to 4:30pm and the first Thursday is 11:30am to 7:00pm.  Contact Amanda Slentz at or 765-348-0744

Community & Family Services, Inc. ( Senior Community Service Employment Program ( SCSEP). People 55 years old age or older within the income guideline.  Monday- Friday 8:00 A.M. - 4:00 P.M.  Contact Amy Caldwell  at 260-766-4814 or

LifeStream Services – For the Young At Heart ( We provide services and programs to help older adults and people with disabilities remain independent. We also support caregivers who need help maintaining the health, dignity and independence of their loved ones.  Transportation services.  Contact at 888-589-1121 or

Content / Programs / Energy Assistance Program - Community & Family Services, Inc. ( The Energy Assistance Program (EAP) can help you pay your heat and electric bills! EAP is a federally-funded program through the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) called the Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP). EAP provides a one-time annual benefit that can assist you with the high cost of home energy and can help if you are disconnected, or are about to get disconnected.  Contact at 260-726-9318 or

Blackford County Division Of Family Resources Hartford City SNAP Food Stamps, TANF Cash Assistance, Medicaid, HHW, HIP Financial Help ( The Blackford County Division Of Family Resources Hartford City is the local county Division of Family Resources (DFR Office). You can get an application at this office for SNAP Food Stamps, TANF Cash Assistance, Medicaid, HHW, and the Healthy Indiana Plan (HIP). You can also apply online at the State of Indiana website. You can also check online to see if you qualify with the State of Indiana Screening Tool.  Contact at 800-403-0864 or

Agent Bernie Sones | Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance ( Contact at